Everyone I know is blogging, Are You?Well if you aren't then I think you are doing a disservice to your creative talent and business. Blogging is more about marketing yourself or talent. But many people still think blogging are for those who have something to say or who are natural writers.Well, I thought the same things. Until I realized that if they had a voice- I too had a voice. So I started blogging in 2007 and have blogging every since.
Blogging has open alot of door for me both personal and professional. I am helping others start their blogs and I have stronger confidence in myself on what I have to say is important also.
So, Are you asking what's my point?The point is after reading Blog Wild – A guide to Small Business Bloggingby Andy Wibbels. I realized that blogging was another essential tool to my creative business, really it's an essential tool to any type of business. Let me share with you, what I learned from - Andy Wibbels.
- Blogs are a Good way to Communicate with those who maybe interested in your talents or to keep update with others in your field.
- Educate your blog readers by providing them with links, articles, or books that have helped you developed your style.
- Reach out to future buyers- no one likes to buy from someone who they do not know. Creating a blog helps you to create a virtual relationship with others.
- Generate a buzz about your creative talents- let your future and current clients know about new projects or events you are currently involved in.
- Test out new ideas- Are you wondering about the response you would received on a new technique- then ask – post images of your artwork and then ask for comments. This a great way to get your clients, friends and admirers involved in the creative process.
- Blogging allows you to reach a larger market – just think Global- many blog hosting companies offer translation services.
- The Press loves blogs- lots of journalists just do not have the time to interview every artist they come across. But if you had a blog that covered array of topics about your art then a journalist would have more than what they need to write a great article about you.
- Write a book- Blogs can easily be turned into beautiful tabletop book – go to www.lulu.com pr www.blurb.com . These companies will actually allow you to sell your book to others.
- Celebrate Your Success – Share with your readers when you have good news
- Blog just because– writing about your special talents will allows you to reflect on your craft and it will also help you become an better communicator and educator of your work. Studio 2229 is where I share these types of experiences.
If you haven't started a blog- then get your butt into gear. I am looking for Fabulous Bloggers to showcase in my Fabulous Creative Blogger category. If you are a blogger, submit your blog link in the comment section .