I did this hypothetical exercise around 9 months ago (with $1500) and it was a lot of fun and I thought that many of us are now researching for Christmas presents for others, why not have a little fun and do a little Christmas business shopping for yourself.
And because I’m feeling generous this year I’m going to increase your hypothetical cash to $2000 instead of $1500 (you can thank me in comments).
- Lets use Amazon's Office and Electronic area as a guide so we’re all talking the same prices.
- Surf through around and identify what office and electronic supplies (software, tablet, printer ) that you’d get if you had $2000.
- Tell/and or show (with a link) what you’d get in comments below. Tell us why you selected what you did.
What would you order?
- Perhaps the 2010 Microsoft Office Professional software (I need a upgrade) the 2010 version is wonderful - love the new Power Point features.
- Or maybe a HP TouchPad Tablet (672 Facebook Likes for this product) - this also a great ebook reader
- Or perhaps you want to use the opportunity to purchase a Flip UltraHD Video Camera. This is the one I have. I use it to create all of my creative business solution videos.
- Or buy the one thing you been lusting after – like the ViewSonic DLP Projector (this makes my mouth water- I could really use this for off site presentations)
- With the extra few bucks left - I would add a few marketing books to the shopping cart - to later download to my tablet.
Don’t get overwhelm with the details – I’m really just curious and thought it would be fun to play!
Looking forward to seeing what you ‘order’ (hypothetically of course).
Looking for more solid tips on business ideas, internet & social marketing, and personal branding? Check out the School of Creative Business free email newsletter,Creative Business Ideas. It jumps off with a Social Marketing Tips E-course. Sign up here. If you know anyone who might like this post- pass it along to other creative entrepreneurs by clicking below on Tweet This or Facebook Like buttons