Once a year, we take time out to be thankful. Make this Thanksgiving less about food and more about expressing your sincere gratitude.
1. The family members who love and support your creative journey. Tell them how happy you are to have their love and encouragement.
2. The journalist ,gallery owner, or event manager who took a chance on you. Send them a thank-you note or even better homemade cookies.
3. The co- worker who puts up with your bitchin’, who drives every time you go out for lunch and who laughs at your jokes – even when they aren’t funny. Give them a candy bar
4. The waitress at your favorite diner - who knows your name when you walk in. Tip, and smile.
5. The guy who holds the door open for you. Look him in the eye and thank him sincerely.
6. The neighbors who wave as you drive by. Don't take friendly neighbors for granted. They make life much more pleasant.
7. The men and women who risk their lives to serve in uniform (military, police, and fire). Thank them for their service.
8. The author of the book that changed your life. Send her an email, tweet, or write a nice note on her Facebook page.
9. The creative entrepreneur you met at a networking event or on a social networking site who has now become a kindred spirit. Tell her how much she means to you.
10. The clients who purchased your work. Send them thank-you notes and keep them in mind for future gestures of generosity.
11 Your followers on Facebook, Google+, and Twitter. They followed you because they wanted to keep up with you. What a gift!
12. The people whose years of effort resulted in the technology you're using right now. Kiss that beautiful piece of machinery. Never have we had such power at our fingertips. As much anxiety as it causes you when it's not working, consider the alternative. It's not pretty. Update your systems, clean up virus- take it to be service.
Who are you thankful for and how do you express it?
I listed 12, but there are many more! Tell us who you appreciate!