Learning how to promote yourself is just as important as promoting your services and products. Customers will see you more as an expert in your niche when you give them a little information about yourself. This type of information could be how you started your business, a little personal information about your hobbies or interest in music or art. You can even include your education credentials, or awards you've won in grade school, at work, or as an creative entrepreneur.
Ok- I understand that tooting your own horn- isn't easy- so I thought I would offer you 10 easy ways to promote yourself.
10 Easy Ways to Promote Yourself.
1. Teach a free webinar class on a subject related to your business or hobbie. Use Any Meeting to produce your webinar. It's a FREE webinar hosting site. Very easy to use and to promote on social media platforms.
2. Publish a newsletter. Use the extra space in your newsletter to write about yourself . This could be called "A Note From the Editor".
3. Include a page on your site called "About Me". Along with information about you - include pictures. This shows people your not hiding behind your business.
4. Write an article on your area of expertise for another blog. Include a resource box at the end of the article. In the resource box include information about yourself and where readers can find more information about you.
5. Create and giveaway a free ebook. In the ebook include a section called "About The Author". Also include an advertisement for your business.
6. Participate in online communities like newsgroups,discussion boards, e-mail discussion lists and chat rooms. You will meet many people and in return they will get to know you.
7. Donate your time, products, or services to charities.You can list the charities you've contributed to on your site. This will show readers that you care about others.
8. Promote yourself offline; teach a free class offline,speak at business seminars, join a business club or association. Assemble fundraisers for charity.
9. Offer free help to your readers. You could do it via e-mail or phone. They will get to know you and feel more comfortable buying your products.
10. Publish information about yourself and business history in your ad copy. While people are reading it they begin to trust you and your business. Don't over do it though, you want to keep them interested in your product.
Talk to You Guys Later,
Looking for more solid tips on business ideas, internet & social marketing, and personal branding? Check out the School of Creative Business free email newsletter, Creative Business Ideas. It jumps off with a Social Marketing Tips E-course. Sign up here. If you know anyone who might like this post- pass it along to other creative entrepreneurs by clicking below on Tweet This or Facebook Like buttons