We are on week 2 of How to Improve Blog Traffic Tutorial Series. If you missed the first 2 , you can click here to get caught up: Traffic Tutorial 1 & Traffic Tutorial 2 .
Today's Tutorial is about Pinging your site and Creating Hubpages. I will begin with discussing what's a ping and then I've move into how to create a hubpage. After the video will be additional links to reference on how to use hubpages to create traffic.
Well lots of readers are looking for fresh new content and to notify search engines of your new content, you first must ping it. By pinging your site, you let search engines know that your site has been updated- hence they crawl and your index your site. This technique can bring in a good amount of traffic to your site .
How do I ping?
Below is a video tutorial on how to ping your site to two popular pinging services: Ping-o-matic and Pingoat. Use only one service- you will be penalized for double pinging your site.
Send pings to search engines and internet services to let them know each time you have updated your blog. This will increase your traffic considerably.
***Note: Don't join Hubpages for the sole purpose of promoting your own website or product only. Because the Hubpage community will see this as overly promotional and you can get your Hubs deleted.
Video: Create a Hubpage
Hubpage Reference Links
Will take about 1 to 2 hours to complete.
- Ping your site on either Ping-o-matic or Pingoat. Later in the week choose 2 to 3 articles from your site to ping.
- Sign up for Hubpages
- Write an article based on a keyword from your list.
- Post new article on Hubpages - include 1 link to your site.
- Ping your new hubpage article .
- Share this post with friend who's interested in improving blog traffic.
- Leave a comment below your blog traffic progress.
That's All Folks!
Next week - How to Improve Blog Traffic Tutorial : Submit RSS feed & write a press release.