When thinking abut the 13 post ideas for creative business I wanted to avoid post ideas that dealt with spamming clients with "I am selling something" style messages. The real power blogging is not the hard sell, but more or less its about making personal connections with your customers.
I've found that the most successful blog post are post that allow the reader to learn something new and of value about you or the products /services your are selling. I've taken this approach with my studio blog. I share family experiences, updates on artwork, business struggles and success. I receive advice and encouragement from readers. And when I have something new to sell, they are the first to know.
Make the connections...I've written 13 post ideas to help you and your creative business make those connections.
1. What are you passionate about? (don't write about your business, write about values and beliefs)
2. How did you get started in the business?
3. What allowed you to move beyond fear and pursue a creative business? (Kelly Rae does a great job on this topic )
4.What causes do you care about and how has your creative business supported these causes?
5. Define your customer philosophy.
6. Photograph or video record a walking tour of your studio. (My studio tour)
7. Interview / feature a customer.
8. Weekly or a monthly wrap up post about your business.
9. Describe any improvements or upgrades you've made.
10. Explain why you love doing what you do.
11. What do you do on your times off? ( this shows that you are a real person)
12. A helpful post or tutorial geared toward others in your industry.
13. What is your personal history and qualifications? (if you have no related to creative business, that even better. People want to know that if you are passionate about something it can happen with work.)
Good Luck and remember to make blogging fun.
Like this article? Then you'll love my free creative business tips !
____________________________________________________________________________Books I Recommend for Blogging Success