Strategy #2 - A Problem a Day
If you're alive and breathing then you are along with all the rest of us, you too have problems, big or small. The key to having problems is learning how to deal with them. Today is about taking on one problem a day.
Sometime during your drive to work or on your way home from the store think about one problem you've been having in your artist life. Are you in a creative slump? Do you have someone who doesn't support your dreams? Is it as simple as to what color should the walls be in my studio?
Like I said before a problem is a problem big or small- it's all in how you deal with it. So, once you've thought about your problem, then figure out the logic of the problem by identifying its elements:
- What exactly is the problem?
- How can I put it into a question form?
- How does it relate to my goals, purposes, and needs?
- What is my plan of action to solve this problem?
- Distinguish between problems under your control and problems beyond your control.
- What are some of your limitations: money, time, power, etc.?
- Evaluate your action plan, take into consideration the advantages and disadvantages of the problem.
- When the plan is fully in action, monitor the progress, and be ready to revise the action if necessary.
Every war has a leader with plan and reason for destroying the enemy. And since you are the leader on the war for creative freedom, then you too must have a plan. Your plan of war is to defeat whatever is holding you back from your dream of becoming an artist. A war worth fighting for is never easy, but a true winner never surrenders without a good fight. Put your battle suit on and lets get to fighting for our Creative Freedom!!!
Tomorrow's Post:Creative Thinking: An Artist's Everyday Life. My personal video journal on my take on strategy #2 - A problem a day.
Thanks - Peace & More Love,