Today I wanted to share 10 of my favorite Tips of on Staying Happy and Positive. During the stuff times I have to often reflect on these tips to help me get through my day. We all have bad days, but what is important is how we handle those days so they don't become part of our everyday lives. Take some time and read over the following 10 Tips of Staying Happy and Positive.
1. Don't Put Yourself Down- It's important to recognize your weak areas, but it's not important to beat yourself up. Instead of thinking about your weaknesses, match them with strengths to help keep confidence levels high.
2. Stretch Away Toxins - During the winter months we sometimes neglect exercise. But still try to add some type of activity to your lives, even in the cold months. Try walking around the house, or doing yoga or pilates by video. Keep your body's circulation going and get rid of those winter blues.
3. Have a Tea Party - Simply going through the motions of making a cup of tea can reduce stress. There are four (black, green, white, & oolong) types of teas that have their own health- giving benefit.
4. Make it Moody- Put on your favorite piece of music. It can be something that reminds you of a pleasant memory like a happy holiday (Christmas music is my favorite) or your first romance. Then sit back in a comfortable chair, dim the lights and just listen. Music is said to appeal directly to the primal part of the brain to calm and soothe.
5. Be Beautiful - Fill your home with things that give you the most pleasure. Do worry about conforming to others' perception of beauty; simply choose things that appeal to you and just sit around and enjoy your beautiful things.
6. Write it Down - Keep a pen and paper by your bedside. It can help you in two ways: first, write a list of things you need to tackle the next day; second writing it down allows you to let go of anything playing on your mind.
7. Bath before Bed- A warm bath will gently warm and relax you, and not only that, the reduction in your body temperature mimics your body's natural sleep rhythms.
8. Learn for Another - Find a story about someone who has achieve greatness. Use their story to help you stay positive about your life and the opportunities you have.
9. Admire your Reflection- Make time each week to reflect on the decisions you have made and how they affected your life positively or negatively. Then make a promise to yourself to learn from your successes and failures.
10. Embrace Challenges- It's all too easy to be grateful for things like your house, family and loved ones, but remember to be grateful for life's challenges too. Often, it's facing challenges that helps uncover hidden strengths.
If you have any tips on how you stay happy and positive, please share them, I would love to add them to my list.-
By the way if you have not subscribed to my blog- please do so, I wouldn't want you to miss a word of it. Thanks - Alease Michelle
Excepts taken from 1001 Little Wellbeing Miracles