Hello Guys wanted to share with you: 10 Ways to Use Blogging To Promote Your Business.
1. Define Your Goals for Your BloggingWhether you are a new artist or a seasoned artist, before starting a blog- you have to start by assessing your business goals and how you're going to achieve them. For example: My Goal- More exposure as an artist, educator and life long learner. How: Post more often - offer tips/advice - Educator; Showcase new work/ gallery updates- Artist; What inspires me/What I'm learning- Life Long Learner.
2. Research KeywordsBefore you really start a blog you should research keywords that will generate traffic to your site. Google Adwords is a great source. Use these keywords in your post, title and tags. A few of my keywords: mix media artist, art tutorials, artist journals.
3. Use Free Blogging ToolsThere are many free blogging sites, some are better than others. Before I made a discussion about a blog hosting site- I actually researched blogging platforms used by other artist. During my search I realized that many of the artist used Typepad. So, I joined Typepad's basic level, but soon upgraded to the Plus level and hopefully I will move up to the Pro level one day. Typepad offers a 14 Day Free Trail.
4. Educate the ConsumerShare your story with your readers. Tell them how you became an artist, your educational background, people who have inspired you or even your favorite artist tools. Most of this information is located in my About me page.
5. Your Return on Investment (ROI)Please allow 3 to 6 months to actually see traffic to your site. Make sure to submit your blogto search engines so others can find you.
6. Research Other BlogsLook at want is working on other artists' blogs. Do you notice any thing that's missing from their blog? Can you post something on what's missing? What are their readers saying? Use your research to make your blog post richer and educational. My favorite blogs are Ali Edwards and Claudine Hellmuth.
7. Join a Art ForumNot sure of any- Do a simple search for artist forums in your niche. Join a few of them and make sure to comment and share ideas. And to get others to visit your blog - add your blog's url to end of your signature. I belong to a yahoo group - Artist Techniques.
8. Keep It SimpleWrite about what you know and love. Problogger offers Blog Post Ideas- Use these ideas to jump start your blog posts.
9. Blogging Regularly, Branch Out to Social Media SitesCreate a Facebook, My Space or a Twitter page. Share links to recent post from your blog or even just add our your blog's url to your page. I have a Twitter. and Facebook Fan Pageand I send links to these site automatically.
10. Additional Resources for BloggingIf you need extra help with using blogging as a marketing platform for your art business- here are a few sources that may help.
- 9 Things to Do To Make Sure Your Next Blog Post is Read by More than Your Mom
- How Passion Can Transform Your Blog
- Give me 31 Days and I’ll Give You a Dramatically Better Blog… Guaranteed