Become Personal Invested in Your Artwork
I know sometimes we may create artwork that is intended for a particular market, instead of being true to ourselves.I have to say I am at fault of doing the same. I have done commissioned projects that really did not fit my style. But that check paid a bill. When I create art for myself I become personally invested.
How does one become personal invested in their work? Create a list of what you know you are good at doing. Then look at how the list of what you know well can be translated into your artwork.
What I Know:
1. What it's like to be a black woman.
2. The love from a strong and proud family.
3. How to take something simple and make it into something special.
4. How to keep myself organized and focused.
5. That I am ok with being alone.
I am pretty sure I can add more, but for now lets leave it to 3 things. The items listed can mean so many things, but I think that is the good thing about being an artist -We see beauty when others see nothing. Find your personal investement and translate that investment into your artwork.