Choosing a buyer for your artwork, should be a simple task. But many of us create artwork for ourselves and hopes that someone will buy what we have created. But to truly be successful in the art business we have to decide on who we are targeting.
How do you decided on who would buy your art? Create a Buyer Profile. Here are a few questions to get you started..
1. Is the buyer male or female?
2. How old is the buyer?
3. Where does your buyer live? In the city, suburb, or in rural areas?
3. Is your buyer married, or single? Have children or grand kids?
4. Where and how often does your buyer shop?
5. What have other buyers said about your work?
Once you have a visual picture of your buyer, then you can start selling directly to them. Do not compromise your artwork for buyers, but do stay focus on what others admire about your artwork and try to incorporate those elements. Remember we create art because we enjoy the it, do not allow the love for art disappear.